CBMC is committed to spreading the gospel and expanding the kingdom of God in the workplace!
The vision of CBMC (Connecting Business and Marketplace to Christ) is to bring God’s kingdom to the workplace by mobilizing the Christian business leaders and professionals to impact their marketplace community for Christ. The mission of CBMC is to serve these leaders and professionals to reproduce spiritual leaders through evangelism and nurturing, through restoration of family, and by changing the business community through biblical teachings.
MAKING DISCIPLES OF BUSINESSMEN
AND PROFESSIONALS IN EVERY CITY
CBMC began in the United States in the 1930s during the Great Depression and now has expanded to over 90 countries around the world. CBMC was introduced in Korea in 1952 during the Korean War era, actively supporting the post-war reconstruction of businesses and faith communities. CBMC organized the first interdenominational Easter Morning worship service in South Korea, unified the several different versions of the Korean hymns, and organized the prayer services for national leaders through a luncheon prayer meetings.
Korean CBMC in North America (KCBMC NA) was established in 1975 and is currently active in fifteen states in the United States and Canada with 50 branches nationwide. KCBMC aims to build 100 branch offices and 2,000 leaders by year 2020.
In addition to North America, we plan to grow and cultivate branches in South America and further the CBMC School dedicated to professional leadership and fostering the next generation.
CBMC’s vision is to spread the gospel in the business world as a ministers of Christ to the Christian businessmen and professionals who are called by God to “Bringing the Kingdom of God to the business world.”
The business world is a field of ministry where the kingdom of God can be brought by spreading the gospel, and it is a place to restore the power of the kingdom of God to the secular workplace. CBMC hopes to become the foremost missionary community among economic organizations that support the business world and the ministry of the Kingdom of God.
Professionals and businessmen of CBMC are ministers who are called to their workplaces. Their ministry at work is the mission field. By conducting evangelism and nurturing and implementing biblical principles to their workplace, we can bring unbelievers to Jesus Christ and bring God’s glory. Through the CBMC ministry, we can achieve not only evangelism and nurturing, but ultimately changing the workplace.
“To present Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord to business people and professionals, and to disciple and train Christian business people and professionals to carry out the Great Commission. ” (Matthew 28:12-18, Acts 1:8)
- Spread the gospel to business people & professionals and nurture them to be spiritual reproducers.
- Develop Biblical leaders to be a spiritual business leader.
- Apply Biblical principles in the workplace to transform the business world for the Kingdom of God.
Step 1: Evangelism & Nurturing
Spiritually transform the business people & professionals through evangelism and nurturing to enables them to be ministers to the business world.
- Evangelism and nurturing must be our daily living.
- Evangelism and nurturing are NOT just tools for life or ministry.
- Evangelism and nurturing are the foundation of the purpose of our existence.
- Evangelism and nurturing are multi-generational ministries. (2 Timothy 2:2)
Step 2: Spiritual Leadership
Through spiritual training and armed with the challenges of minister’s call, they grow into spiritual leaders who can lead and transform their businesses and the business world.
- Spiritual Leadership will make the ministry more effective.
- Spiritual Leadership is possible only to those who are called.
- Spiritual Leadership is given to the person who supports sacrificial ministry.
- Spiritual leadership changes people and businesses.
- Spiritual Leadership requires a lot of training and challenges.
Step 3: Transform the workplace
The kingdom of God will be established in the companies of the kingdom and in the workplace by establishing kingdom managers who can build up a kingdom enterprise to spirit leaders who are armed with clear callings.
- In performing their duties, spiritual leaders must be good stewards of everything that is given to them.
- As a spiritual leader, businesses are run on the Word of God.
- As a result, they grow their business as a business person who can put it fully for God’s work.
Biblical principle is literally managing the business along with the Bible. It means applying the Word directly to management, and the other is applying the principles of the Bible. The core principles of the Bible are the principle of the healing, the principle of creation, the principle of restoration, the principle of love, and the principle of justice.
- Stewardship: The principle of achieving organizational goals effectively and efficiently as a steward of God
- Creation: As an interpreter of God’s creation, the principle of free use of creative ideas in creating value
- Recovery: Principle that individual salvation and sanctification are included in core principles and systems in corporate management
- Love: The principle of planting with interest and understanding of the company by the love of God
- Justice: The principle of fair judgment and acting without deceit according to God’s righteousness